AsyncUdpSocket is a UDP/IP socket networking library that wraps CFSocket. It offers asynchronous operation, and a native cocoa class complete with delegate support. Here are the key features:
- Queued non-blocking send/receive operations, with optional timeouts. You tell it what to send or receive, and it will call you when it's done.
- Delicious cocoa style delegate support.
- Written like a UDP library should be, using CFSocket and the runloop
- Self-contained in one class. No need to muck around with CFSocket or BSD sockets. The class handles everything for you.
- Support for IPv4 and/or IPv6
The AsyncUdpSocket should also work on the iPhone as well. Enjoy!
The code has been checked into the CocoaAsyncSocket Google Code Project.